The value of a strong parent group in an environment such as St Gabriel’s, is the support and encouragement parents can provide each other. The children at St Gabriel’s have many different challenges, and so the experiences of parents are often similar, and it is forums such as the parent group that provide an opportunity for parents to listen to each other, share challenges, and importantly learn from other’s experiences
Parent Group objectives:
- To promote the aims and principles of the School.
- To provide an informal forum in which parents can express opinions and obtain feedback on matters relating to the spiritual, educational and social welfare of the School community.
- To assist in raising funds for the provision of equipment and teaching aids for the School.
Together with these objectives, the parent group aims to:
- Confer with the Principal, Deputy Principal, and teaching staff on matters of educational need.
- Give public expression to matters concerning Catholic education and Special Needs.
- Strive to build community within the School between parents, students, staff and provide ongoing education for parents.
These aims are achieved by:
- Parent group meetings held once per term.
- Providing regular guest speakers on topics of interest.
- Provide opportunities for social interaction and activities.
- Assisting with and supporting programmed fundraising events.
All parents and carers are welcome to attend the Parent Group. Parents meet in the staff room at the school.
Parent Group Meetings for 2019
Term 1 : Tuesday 5 March 7pm
Term 2 : Tuesday 21 May 7pm
Term 3 : Tuesday 13 August 7pm
Term 4 : Tuesday 12 November 7pm